January 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
I came across DAYTUM, an online tool that allows you to track things and display graphs/charts showing your progress. While not especially designed for running or exercising, it does work for a very basic tracking system for those. You could embed the graphs into a webpage or, I believe, on your iProduct desktop, if you wanted to–to embed into a wordpress blog, you need a plug-in that WordPress.com does not offer as a an option on their free site.
I was especially interested in this because one of the last projects at my last job was to project manage the development of an application that did basically this, albeit at a higher level of sophistication.
DAYTUM is free, wasn’t too bad to set up–might fill someone’s need sometime.
January 1, 2011 § 2 Comments
Now that another year is upon us, time for some goal setting. Some of these are redundant, some are challenging but all, I think, are obtainable.
- 1,000 miles
- Never fall behind 3 miles/day.
- No 0 weeks
- Serious X-training twice a week–Yoga, stretching, biking, or plyometrics.
- Volunteer at at least one race.
- Dramatic increase in the number of quality miles run. My fastest mile in 2010 was 6:25, which was 48 seconds faster than the fastest mile I had run up to that point last year. Overall, I ran 1 sub-6:30 mile, 6 sub-7:00 miles, 32 sub-7:30 miles, and 132 sub-8:00 miles.
- Sub-20:00 5k.
- Sub-1:30:00 Half Marathon.
- Run consecutive 6:52 miles, pure & average. (2010 streak was 1/3.1)
- Do my first dual-event event.
- Possibly do a relay–Ragnar or a Mojo Loco?
Possible Race Schedule (BOLD are Races I Am Targeting):
- 1/30? Waconia Winterfest 5k
- 4/2? Ron Daws 15K
- 5/1 Eau Claire Half Marathon
- 5/7 New Prague Half Marathon (Backup to EC Half, maybe Volunteer here?)
- 5/14? Chaska 10k/5k
- 6/18 Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
- 7/25? Watertown 5k
- 8/13 Paavo Nurmi Half Marathon
- 9/12? Waconia Nickle Dickle Day 10k
- 10/14 Whistlestop Half Marathon
The race schedule will be a work-in-progress but right now, the two half marathons and 15K in the spring are going to be my core races, with Bjorklund being my target race.